Yara at a Glance
We deliver profitable and responsible solutions for agriculture and the environment.
Key figures 2016
- Revenues: NOK 95.2 billion
- EBITDA: NOK 15.6 billion
- Total Deliveries: 36.1 million tonnes
- Fertilizer sales: 27.2 million tonnes
- Industrial sales: 6.9 million tonnes
- Ammonia trade: 2 million tonnes
- Employees: 14,736 at year-end 2016
- Established as Norsk Hydro in 1905, demerged as Yara International ASA in 2004
- President and CEO since September 2015: Svein Tore Holsether
- Headquartered in Oslo, Norway: Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange
Our Production Platform
We are the world’s largest producer of ammonia, nitrates and NPKs, providing the foundation of Yara’s fertilizer and industrial solutions
- Operational efficiency
- Clean technologies
- Safe and reliable production
Crop Nutrition solutions
We are the leading provider of sustainable crop nutrition solutions, supporting farmer profitability through knowledge, optimal quality and productivity.
- Global and local agronomic, marketing and sales knowledge
- Sales offices in more than 60 countries and sales to about 160 countries worldwide
Nitrogen applications and environmental solutions
We have a leading position in nitrogen applications, and have become a total solutions provider in the market for emission control solutions.
- Reagents and solutions to reduce emissions from plants, ships, trucks and cars
- Nitrate-based chemicals with applications ranging from renewable energy to pharmaceutical industry
- Solutions for the civil explosives industry
- Solutions for animal feed
Supply Chain plays an expert role in realizing Yara’s scale advantages and serving the operating segments with cost competitive and high quality raw materials
- Unique ammonia trade and logistics worldwide
- Purchase of energy, potassium, and phosphate rock
- Sourcing and trade of finished fertilizer and ammonia
- Global information technology and services
- New Supply Chain in Europe to increase the customer experience and value
Did you know that...
- 1.4 million is the number of tons of NOx emissions that we helped our customers reduce in 2015. This is equivalent to more than the total annual emissions in France.
- We provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers worldwide.
- 240 million is the number of people we help feed through our crop nutrition solutions.
Read more on our What We Do page.
The Birkeland Anniversary
In June 2017 we will celebrate the 150th anniversary of Yara’s founder Kristian Birkeland. Click on the link below for more information.
Download our Corporate Presentation to know more about what we do.