Yara at a glance
We deliver sustainable solutions for Agriculture and the Environment.
Key figures 2014
- Revenues: NOK 95.3 billion (USD 15.1 billion)
- EBITDA: NOK 16.4 billion (USD 2.7 billion)
- Total Sales: 35.0 million tons
- Fertilizer sales: 26.3 million tons
- Industrial sales: 6.6 million tons (*Including feed phosphates and CO2)
- Employees: 12,073 at year-end
- Established as Norsk Hydro in 1905, demerged as Yara International ASA in 2004
- President and CEO since September 2015: Svein Tore Holsether
- Headquartered in Oslo, Norway: Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange
Our Production Platform
We are the world’s largest producer of ammonia, nitrates and NPKs, providing the foundation of Yara’s fertilizer and industrial solutions
- Operational efficiency
- Clean technologies
- Safe and reliable production
Crop Nutrition solutions
We are the leading provider of sustainable crop nutrition solutions, supporting farmer profitability through knowledge, optimal quality and productivity.
- Global and local agronomic, marketing and sales knowledge
- Presence in about 50 countries and sales to about 150 countries worldwide
Nitrogen applications and environmental solutions
We have a leading position in nitrogen applications, and have become a total solutions provider in the market for emission control solutions.
- Reagents and solutions to reduce emissions from plants, ships, trucks and cars
- Nitrate-based chemicals with applications ranging from renewable energy to pharmaceutical industry
- Solutions for the civil explosives industry
- CO2 in a gas, liquid and dry ice format
- Solutions for animal feed
Supply and Trade
Supply & Trade plays an expert role in realizing Yara’s scale advantages and serving the operating segments with cost competitive and high quality raw materials
- Unique ammonia trade and logistics worldwide
- Purchase of energy, potassium, and phosphate rock
- Sourcing and trade of finished fertilizer and ammonia
- Mining operations
- New Supply Chain in Europe
Our products and solutions help:
- Produce 240 mill. tons of grains
- Feed 240 mill. people
- Deliver fresh air for 50 mill. citizens
Yara corporate presentation
Download our presentation to know more about how we work and the benefits our solutions bring.
Did you know that...
85% of all coffee growers are smallholders?
Yara puts the farmer first. We see the need for better farm profits – not only to secure reliable supplies to the market, but also to sustain the long-term livelihood of smallholders.
Read more about our work with coffee farmers and the coffee industry.