Summer Internship – Procurement
About the Unit
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2017 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 4-6 weeks within Procurement.
Procurement is part of the Supply Chain segment in Yara. The Procurement organization is responsible for sourcing of key raw materials and traded products including energy and raw materials purchases, ammonia trade and shipping, maritime logistics and third party sourcing. These purchases are managed by a central team with global mandate. In addition Procurement has a global mandate for all key categories where Yara is purchasing. These central category teams are built with commercial as well as technical team members from local sites.
All together 80% of Yara’s total cost as a company is handled by Procurement. Expertise and professional execution of Procurement is key to Yara success.
Yara is currently running a project to improve how we work with Procurement. Strategies for all central categories will be developed and savings initiatives identified, prioritized and executed. As a summer intern in Yara you will be a team member of the Yara Project team. This is a unique opportunity to get to know the business of Yara by being involved in discussions on needs in areas like Production, Supply Chain, Crop Nutrition and Industrial. It is also a great opportunity to learn how a global company is operating and meet some of the key experts in the Yara organization.
- Participate in workshops and discussions with Procurement and our Business partners in all of Yara
- Work together with project team and the line organization to secure implementation of priority 1 savings initiatives
- Analyze data and prepare material for discussions
- Contribute when project issues need to be resolved
- Participate in Change Management activities
- Student with 1-2 years left of their study
- Combination of technical and business understanding is an advantage
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, experience in giving presentations/training to audiences
- Confident, proactive, self-starter
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work across cultures
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding. Yara supports diversity in gender, cultural and ethnical background.
The position is based at our headquarters in Oslo.
When applying for this internship, please provide us your motivation in a cover letter, explaining why you believe Procurement is an important part of the business and how you will be able to contribute. Also, for us to be able to evaluate your application, please enclose your transcripts so far.