Summer Internship – Talent & Leadership
About the Unit
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2017 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6 weeks within Talent & Leadership, ideally starting beginning / mid June 2017.
Talent & Leadership is one of three Centers of Expertise in Corporate HR. The small unit with its 5 employees is responsible for the philosophy, framework and governance structure for Talent Acquisition (Employer Branding, Recruitment, Onboarding), Talent Management (Performance Management, Succession Planning), Leadership Development and Learning.
Having recently changed the organizational set-up of HR globally, we are currently evaluating the best way how to share policies, guidelines, useful templates and other interesting material with all HR Professionals around the world. In addition, we are reviewing the content on our Learning platform. We believe that these two projects would provide a useful learning experience for a student.
- Assist in rebuilding the global HR Sharepoint site (team collaboration software)
- Ensure that outdated content in HR Sharepoint is cleaned up
- Create user manuals for Yara Learning (learning management system)
- Review content/courses in Yara Learning and propose improvements
- Student with 1-2 years left of their study
- Strong interest to develop in the area of Human Resources after graduation
- Structured, accurate and a fast learner
- Proficiency in and affinity to IT systems; knowledge of SharePoint is an asset
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding. Yara supports diversity in gender, cultural and ethnical background.
The position is based at our headquarters in Oslo. The student will work closely with the Talent & Leadership Specialist and – apart from contributing to the projects – be able to get insight in most activities performed by the Talent & Leadership unit.
When applying for this internship, please provide us your motivation in a cover letter, explaining why you believe HR and in particular Talent & Leadership is an important part of the business and how you will be able to contribute to the projects. Also, for us to be able to evaluate your application, please enclose your transcripts so far.