Sales Agronomist - Uganda
About the Unit
Yara East Africa is a subsidiary of Yara International ASA which is a world leading Fertilizer company, that converts energy, natural minerals and Nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. As a major supplier of mineral fertilizers in East Africa, we continuously look to adding value to the farming community by introducing new types of fertilizers.
We are looking for a Sales Agronomist for this region, to develop our business based on good crop nutrition practises. The Sales Agronomist shall be key in enhancing the productivity of our customers in the region, and consequently solidify Yara’s market leadership position in the region.
- Provide both Technical and sales support in the assigned region
- Support local implementation of crop based road map and farmer segmentation; implement and monitor scientific trials
- Ensure commercial crop demonstrations are well established and monitored; analyse data from demos into concise results, develop farmer profitability models and share with farmers, commercial team and industry stakeholders
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts and prospect for new business in line with the annual business plan
- Manage Distributor, and end user relationships effectively to maximize sales and market share.
- Create demand for our products in the assigned region by training the customer sales teams on Yara products and competences
- Organize and coordinate Field Days and Exhibitions to develop Yara products.
- Provide customers with support in implementing effective crop nutritional programs for the key segments.
• A degree in Agriculture or related field.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in an Agronomy set up handling Sales
• Good grasp of Agronomic practices
• Proficiency in Windows MS Office Suite.
• A good geographical and cultural understanding of the assigned territory
• Valid driver’s license