SAP Architect - Supply Chain, Production and Quality
About the Unit
The Global SAP Competence Center (GSCC) has the end-to-end responsibility for delivery of ERP services in Yara, including SAP applications, associated software, hardware, tools, third party products and resources involved.
One focus of the GSCC lies on Yara’s future SAP design through creating and governing Yara’s SAP/ERP architecture standards, guidelines and ensuring compliance from projects and operations. The team translates Yara business needs into technology and solution design and proactively advocates the utilization of technological solutions to improve Yara’s business.
The development and improvement of SAP is a key enabler for business improvement and change.
The GSCC seeks an SAP Architect with profound knowledge and experience of production for process industries (PP-PI), quality management (QM), supply chain planning and execution (SCM) and with strong knowledge of integration to other areas and non-SAP systems.
- Develop processes, architecture and roadmaps for SAP/ERP within area of responsibility, ensuring integration to other functional areas and master data governance.
- Work on / implement solution proposals, estimates, plans, technical designs, customization, or program specifications and also review work of other consultants.
- Suggest and prototype new or enhanced functionality that could improve the efficiency in the designated process areas.
- Perform customizations / configuration in areas of expertise or guide external vendors and write documentation thereof. Manage stakeholders and their demands in governance meetings.
- Support to cost planning, controlling and accountability regarding activities within area of responsibility.
- Guide and lead functional team on subject matter and functional area prioritizations.
- Take on project roles – dependent on the project as part of the delivery team or more senior roles.
- Ensure documentation required in the Yara System Lifecycle and governance.
- Provide functional area training to business stakeholders, super users or GSCC colleagues .
- Experience in a global environment with record of successful SAP implementations for Process Industries either Chemical or Pharmaceutical for entire project from blueprint through hypercare for areas of Supply Chain Planning and Execution, Production and Quality Management.
- Education: Master in Engineering chemical, mechanical, pharmaceutical (relevant experience may compensate)
- Excellent and practical knowledge about production, quality and supply chain business processes.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP processes and master data and configuration including integration to other areas.
- Understanding/ability to learn of integration to other non-SAP systems relevant for the business Ability to convert business needs into solutions (design, configuration, build) and ensure implementation.
- process within area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of IT (ITIL), Project methodologies (ASAP or similar) and Process methodologies.
- Team player and comfortable in the consulting role (both facilitating, listening and executing)
- Ability to independently analyze, assess systems and provide solutions/improvements fitting Yara.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and changing environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills, fluent English verbal and written is necessary
- Travel required
The work to improve Yara’s global SAP activities is a significant change process for the company going forward. Yara is building a competent and effective global SAP support organisation for the future, leading the way on safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
The team of solution specialists are vital members of Yara’s Global SAP Competence Center (GSCC) organization and the contributions will be important to the overall success of the of the global Yara ERP roadmap.
The position will be based in Oslo or Brussels.