NOx removal in Marine Engines
Reduce NOx (nitrogen oxide, nitrogen dioxide) emissions from ship's engines with NOxCare® Marine. NOxCare Marine is a complete portfolio of reagents, Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology and services.
Yara offers a complete maritime NOx abatement solution package:
- NOxCare Marine SCR: Engineering assistance and supply of SCR systems. Design of SCR technology solutions during vessel design/retrofit, based on extensive maritime experience
- Supply and installation of complete SCR systems including reactor, all necessary auxiliaries and storage solution
- NOxCare 40: Reliable Supply of NOxCare 40, Yara's high-purity urea solution delivered according to AUS40 ISO 18611 for maritime use during the operation of a vessel
- Supply of SCR aftermarket service and spares during vessel operation
SCR Systems – a Proven Technology
- SCR systems reduce nitrogen oxide and nitrogen dioxide emissions (NOx emissions)
- SCR systems can achieve more than 99% NOx emission reduction from fuel combustion processes
- SCR Technology is proven, compact and commonly used in hundreds of vessels, both on propulsion and auxiliary engines. Yara has delivered more than 1300 systems on board more than 350 vessels and is by far the market leader to the maritime industry
- SCR systems are also used to control NOx from land-based engines (heavy-duty vehicles, industrial combustion plants)
Our NOxCare Marine SCR systems are designed to be cost-efficient, robust, compact and easy to operate. Whether planning a new build or retrofitting an existing ship, our experts can help you ensure your vessel complies with maritime environmental regulations for removal of NOx.
NOx reduction agent – Reliable Supply
Yara’s NOxCare Marine builds upon decades of expertise in NOx control technology and reagent production and supply. NOxCare 40 is Yara’s high-purity urea solution delivered according to AUS40 ISO 18611 for NOx reduction in marine SCR systems. Our global supply platform means you have the reagent you require, where and when you need it.