Yara’s Health, Environment, Safety and Quality Policy
Yara’s mission is to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. Through this policy, we commit to excellence in our HESQ performance, which is also critical to the success of our business.
Our HESQ vision
- Zero injuries
- A safe and healthy work environment for all employees
- Environmentally responsible and safe products and services that exceed customer expectations
Our HESQ principles
- Health and safety: All accidents are preventable. Safety is always a top priority.
- Environment: Yara uses a precautionary approach to identify risks and take preventive measures to mitigate the potential harm to people or the environment.
- Resources: We see waste as a misplaced resource, and will always search for resource optimization opportunities. Energy efficient operations is a priority.
- Security: We will protect our organization, employees and assets from intended harm.
- Product stewardship and Chemical compliance: We systematically monitor and review the quality, handling and use of all our products, ensuring that proper care is taken along the entire value chain. We will mitigate the risks associated with product misuse.
- Quality: We continually improve our performance and our HESQ management systems. We will monitor, prepare and handle emerging issues, regulatory changes and technical innovations, adjusting our practices and processes to respond actively and in a timely way to global and local challenges and opportunities.
- Transparency: We will monitor, report and verify the company performance. We will have open stakeholder dialogues to learn how we can improve.
Our HESQ commitment
- Where public regulations do not provide adequate controls, we will work with governments, society and businesses to shape regulations and practices that work to this commitment.
- Alongside Yara’s commitment to the UN Global Compact, our company values and the Code of Conduct, this policy is part of a consistent framework defining how Yara will responsibly govern its growth and operations.
- Compliance with this policy is mandatory for everybody who works for Yara. This policy has been adopted by the Board of Directors and applies to all employees and all activities.
This policy was last updated in February 2017.