Wednesday 2 December
To bio or not to bio
Organized by Bellona
Innovative technologies for biomass production and carbon negative solutions.
- Frederic Hauge – Founder and President Bellona
- Pierre Herben – CTO, Yara.
Friday 4 December
How can Climate Smart Agriculture in Africa Create Inclusive Growth?
Organized by The Development Fund (Norwegian NGO) and Yara
African agriculture has great potential to solve problems of food security while adapting to a changing climate. The agricultural sector is also key in creating jobs and economic growth for the continent. We are inviting to a discussion on how to create inclusive growth through climate smart agriculture.
Click on this link to watch the seminar.
Saturday 5 December
Preserving the environment and transforming lives: The science of improved farming practices
In a session led by Professor Ephraim Mtengeti of Sokoine University, Tanzania, we will explore how modernizing farming practices affect both environmental and social aspects for smallholder farmers: What does responsible up-scaling of productive farming look like in the context of poor rural communities and a nation set to multiply its population?
- Professor Ephraim Mtengeti of Sokoine University, Tanzania
- Lindiwe Majele Sibanda, CEO and Head of Mission, Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (FANRPAN)
- Frank Rijsberman, CEO of CGIAR Consortium
- Joachim Lammel, VP Yara
Monday 7 December
Realizing agriculture’s potential
Organized by Yara, Bellona and CICERO
Agriculture is responsible for a quarter of all global GHG emissions, but has potential to deliver half the emissions reductions needed.
The world needs food, but how can we deliver both higher yields and reduce the carbon footprints in farming and food production?
- Luis Felipe Arauz Cavallini, Minister of Agriculture, Costa Rica
- John Bryant, Chairman and CEO Kellogg
- Frederic Hauge, CEO Bellona
- Kristin Halvorsen, CEO CICERO
- Svein Tore Holsether, CEO Yara
Transformational agricultural growth: Setting the agenda
Organized by Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture
Identifying country-level, actionable agendas for climate smart agriculture practices is needed to firmly make agriculture part of the solution to climate change. This event will build upon the existing engagement to drive the 2016 agenda, aligning on an integrated approach and identifying opportunities for collaboration.